  From: "Brubaker Chad"
  To: "General MEMS discussion"
  Cc: "Brubaker Chad"
  Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2004 1:07 PM
  Subject: RE: [mems-talk] thick photoresist development

  > Qing,
  >
  > I see two possible issues with the method you are using.
  >
  > First, I can almost guarantee you are performing an insufficient
softbake.  The idea of the short soft-bakes in between coats isn't bad (bear
in mind, for a 10 um thick coat of AZ P4620, you will typically need a bake
in excess of 3 min).  However, you need to bear in mind that a cured layer
of photoresist becomes a heat resistance film, so, as you get thicker, its
important to eventually increase the bake time.  Your best bet would be on
the final coat, when you'll probably want a bake of ~ ten minutes. Even
better would be to try to get the proper film thickness in fewer coats
(AZP4620 should easily be capable of a 20 - 25 um coat, if your spinner is
good enough; even >50 is possible).  That way, you are not over-curing (and
making harder to expose/develop) the lower layers.

  > The second issue has to do with the exposure method.  For good sidewall
performance, its necessary to use a collimated light source, which most
flood expose systems are not.  Based on the exposure source, its possible to
create a light angle of several tens of degrees, which directly translates
to sidewall profile.  You'd be better off using a proximity/contact mask
aligner such as an EVG620.

C.Brubaker@EVGroup.com, www.EVGroup.com

  > This message and any attachments contain confidential or privileged
information, which is intended for the named addressee(s) only. If you have
received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and then delete
this e-mail. Please note that unauthorized review, copying, disclosing,
distributing or otherwise making use of the information is strictly
prohibited.