durusmail: mems-talk: Lift-Off-Process question
Lift-Off-Process question
eutectic point of silicon-aluminum
Lift-Off-Process question
Cristi Lepadatu
2005-08-10
As Jesse says, you have to evaporate. Sputtering will not give you the
desired results. You may also check the resist profile in SEM and see
if it is suitable for lift off (a small undercut after development is
desirable).

Good luck

Cristian

On 8/10/05, Sven Passinger  wrote:
> I'm using S1813 and S1805 (thickness about 1.3µm and 500nm) as resist
> for lift-off. I'm producing structures of a few hundreds of nanometers
> in the resist on glass by illuminating with light.
>
> I have two problems:
> 1. the size of the structures at the glass surface is about twice as big
> as the size of the structures at the top. So I have a funnel in the
> resist which is goinger bigger to the glass.
>
> 2. when I do the lift off (different thicknesses from about 50nm to
> 500nm gold) at the edges of the structures a wall of gold remains which
> is several times higher than the thickness of the sputtered gold. In the
> center of the structures the goldfilm is as thick as it should be. The
> gold film is simply sputtered on the resist.

reply