From: mems-talk-bounces at memsnet.org [mailto:mems-talk-bounces at
memsnet.org]
On Behalf Of Mehdi Ahmadi
Sent: Monday, August 07, 2006 19:29
To: mems-talk at memsnet.org
Subject: [mems-talk] Ni is better or Pd as a diffusion barrier layer?

Hello

I'm going to deposit two metal tracks one of Au and one of Ag over a
quartz wafer (using evaporation and in a lift-off process). I need an
adhesion layer which I’m going to use Ti. Also I need a diffusion
barrier (to avoid
corrosion) which I'm in doubt whether Ni is better or Pd (Palladium).
Can anyone help me whether (Ti/Ni/Ag, Ti/Ni/Au) is better or (Ti/Pd/Ag,
Ti/Pd/Au)?

Another question is: if I want to deposit a layer of platinum (Pt), do I
need a diffusion barrier layer such Ni or Pd?
I'm asking this because Pt can itself be used as a diffusion barrier
layer (similar to Ni and Pd).

reply