durusmail: mems-talk: Re: Thermal response of bimetallic cantilevers
Re: Thermal response of bimetallic cantilevers
1998-07-28
Re: Thermal response of bimetallic cantilevers
Arun Majumdar
1998-07-28
Here are some references. More references can be found therein.
 J. Lai, Z. Shi, T. Perazzo, and A. Majumdar, "Optimization and Performance
of High-Resolution Micro-optomechanical Thermal Sensors," Sensors and
Actuators, Vol. 58, pp. 113-119 (1997).

J. Varesi, J. Lai, Z. Shi, T. Perazzo, and A. Majumdar, "Photothermal
Measurements with PicoWatt Resolution using Micro-optomechanical Sensors,"
Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 71, pp. 306-308 (1997).

We have also a project on using these for infrared vision. Here is a webpage
for it. We will have more details on this webpage by end of this week.
http://www.me.berkeley.edu/mtpl/microopt.html

At 11:54 PM 7/23/98 -0400, you wrote:

>Dear Colleagues,
>
>Has anybody done a study on the effect of heat
>(conductive/convective/radiative) on gold-on-polysilicon bimorph
>cantilevers formed by MUMPS process or any other surface
>micromachined bimorph cantilevers.
>Please suggest me any references on this topic.
>
>Thanks,
>Vamsee Krishna
>Dept of Elec Engg'
>Duke Univeristy