durusmail: mems-talk: Best way to spin PDMS for making sheets?
Best way to spin PDMS for making sheets?
Best way to spin PDMS for making sheets?
Nathan McCorkle
2010-03-28
I have access to a Heraeus Oven that can pull vacuum, the gauge on it
usually hangs between 50 and 0 mbar at minimum Nitrogen flow, though
for baking the lab manual says to keep it at 300 mbar with Nitrogen.
When I degass the PDMS mix in there I set it to 50 mbar, I don't use
heat, and I use a different oven to bake in.

I will have to check if I can bring FDTS into the lab first. I also
have access to a plasma etcher that has chloroform (I think, their web
server is down right now), oxygen, and a few others. What about the
biosafety of these chemicals on the PDMS?

-Nathan

--
-Nathan McCorkle
---