durusmail: mems-talk: Silicon Nitride Deposition(room temperature)
Silicon Nitride Deposition(room temperature)
Silicon Nitride Deposition(room temperature)
cellis@eng.auburn.edu
2003-03-28
Gowtham,

The only way to get a good film at room temperture is with an IonBeam sputter
deposition system. They put down very high quality films at room temperature,
you can even use photoresist as a liftoff mask. It works well.

I hope this info helps,

Charles Ellis,
Auburn University Microelectronics Laboratory

Quoting Gowtham Vangara :

> Hi Everyone,
> I am trying to do a deposition of silicon nitride, at room temperature ,
> which is very vital for my research project. The temperature that would suit
> the deposition is 300 degrees. I ve done the deposition at 300 successfully.
> I want to know how I could deposit the film at room temperature, or at a max
> 70. One of the Suggestions that i ve received is to increase the rf power.
> but before advancing i would like to get some suggestions from people if they
> have done this before.
> thanks and regards,
> Gowtham Vangara,
> Graduate Research Assistant,
> Department of Electrical Engineering,
> High Density Electronic Center(HiDEC),
> University Of Arkansas,
> Fayetteville, AR 72701
> Hosted by the MEMS Exchange, providers of MEMS processing services.
> Visit us at http://www.memsnet.org/

reply