durusmail: quixote-users: ERROR_EMAIL messages have blank subject and message body under SCGI
Session demo / management with mod_python
ERROR_EMAIL messages have blank subject and message body under SCGI
2003-09-02
ERROR_EMAIL messages have blank subject and message body under SCGI
ERROR_EMAIL messages have blank subject and message body under SCGI
Jon Dugan
2003-10-13
On Tue, Sep 02, 2003 at 12:09:53AM -0700, Michael Watkins wrote:
> ERROR_EMAIL messages have blank subject and message body under SCGI --
> yet when running the same code as CGI the error email dispatched when an
> exception occurs contains the traceback within the message body and a
> meaningful subject.
>
> Ideas?

  I had the same problem.  It looks like when the pipe was opened to the
  sendmail process under SCGI stdin wasn't attached to the process opened by
  the pipe.  (I ran a test where I called cat - > /tmp/foo instead of
  sendmail and /tmp/foo was empty.)

  I ended up rewriting the mail_erorr function.  I opted to use the smtplib
  from the Python library rather than the sendmail stuff in Quixote.  I could
  have used the Quixote sendmail stuff, but it seems like it is kind of dated
  since Python offers the same functionality now -- I'm guessing it wasn't
  there when Quixote was first implemented.

  I've attached patches against both Quixote 0.6.1 and the 20031008 snapshot.

Jon
--
Jon Dugan             |  Senior Network Engineer, NCSA Network Research
jdugan@ncsa.uiuc.edu  |  269 CAB, 605 E Springfield, Champaign, IL 61820