durusmail: quixote-users: Customization of Quixote2 "Form" appearence
Customization of Quixote2 "Form" appearence
Re: Customization of Quixote2 "Form" appearence
Customization of Quixote2 "Form" appearence
R J Ladyman
2008-04-05
Ian,

I found it easier in the long run to abandon the form class(es) as supplied,
but retain (and extend) the widgets, using them on my own form classes: you
don't HAVE to use the supplied form classes.

RJL

> But this is when things start to get ugly. The code in "form.py"
> contains direct imports for ResetWidget and SubmitWidget which picks up
> the original versions of these classes. So now it looks like I have to
> create my own customized copy of "form.py".
>
> I am not too sure how far to go down this road. It maybe easier to
> create a local copy of the whole "quixote/form" subdirectory and
> customize it as required. This would break the whole concept of classes
> and sub-classes as if there is ever any change in the upstream code it
> will pass this application by.
>

> What is the most elegant "pythonic" way out of this dilemma?
>
> Is there any active development being done on Quixote which might result
> in future changes to the Form object?
>
> Has anybody used the "Form" object from quixote2 for anything except the
> basic pages, if so how did you go about it?
>
> What other techniques have readers used for generating pretty forms with
> lots of input fields?
>

> Thanks
>

> Ian

Robert Ladyman
File-Away Limited, 32 Church Street,Newtyle
Perthshire, PH12 8TZ SCOTLAND
Registered in Scotland, Company Number: SC222086
Tel: +44 (0) 1828 898 158
Mobile: +44 (0) 7732 771 649
VOIP: 7714336@sipgate.co.uk

http://www.file-away.co.uk