durusmail: quixote-users: Re: Customization of Quixote2 "Form" appearence
Customization of Quixote2 "Form" appearence
Re: Customization of Quixote2 "Form" appearence
Re: Customization of Quixote2 "Form" appearence
Binger David
2008-04-05
On Apr 4, 2008, at 7:47 PM, Neil Schemenauer wrote:

> However, it would
> seem more correct to render all ButtonWidget instances at the end of
> the form.  That is a more complicated change and I'm afraid it would
> break some people's code.  Any suggestions?

Here is something to consider.

Add a "control" keyword with default value None to
the Form.add() method.  If the value is True, add the widget as
SubmitWidgets are now.  If the value is False, add the widget
as a normal widget, even if it is a SubmitWidget.  If the value is
None, add the widget using the current isinstance call to decide
which kind it is.

> I'm planning to make some incompatible changes to make Quixote
> forwards compatible to Python 3.  For example, unicode will have to
> become the default string type rather than "str".  I'm also toying
> with the idea of making use of some recent Python features like
> decorators.

Qpy is essentially an all unicode version of ptl, and the development
version works in Python 2 and Python 3.  It would be nice if it could
be used for a future Quixote.

reply