durusmail: quixote-users: Changing from Zope to Quixote
Changing from Zope to Quixote
2002-09-24
Changing from Zope to Quixote
Andrew Kuchling
2002-09-25
On Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 11:00:38AM -0400, Greg Ward wrote:
>On 24 September 2002, Thomas Guettler said:
>> Has someone used IndexedCatalog[1] or ZCatalog with Quixote?
>As I understand it, those two Zope features are used to catalog a ZODB
>full of Zope stuff, not to catalog an arbitrary URL-space.  So your

ZCatalog is likely Zope-specific, but IndexedCatalog doesn't seem to
be.  You just inherit from IndexedObject instead of Persistent, create
a catalog for the class, and then you can perform queries on the
catalog.  (IndexedCatalog looks pretty spiffy; we might want to
consider it if we ever need fancier searching.)

--amk

reply