durusmail: quixote-users: Quixote with ZPT?
Quixote with ZPT?
This is why Quixote appeals to me (was: Quixote with ZPT?)
2002-11-06
This is why Quixote appeals to me (was: Quixote with ZPT?)
This is why Quixote appeals to me (was: Quixote with ZPT?)
2002-11-06
This is why Quixote appeals to me
Quixote with ZPT?
Neil Schemenauer
2002-11-05
On Tue, Nov 05, 2002 at 08:05:06PM +0200, Teemu Yli-Elsil? wrote:
> I am currently beginning application development using Python and
> Zope. I feel that Zope is overkill for many of our forthcoming
> projects, and that business objects would be easier to facilitate
> using Quixote (your comments?).

I can't comment on that since I don't know anything about your
application and have only a little experience with Zope.

> Now, our company has a specialized web designer, and the
> separation offered by Zope Page Templates (ZPT) seems
> interesting. Is it possible to marry Quixote and ZPT in a
> reasonable fashion, and if so, has someone already done this?

It should be possible but I haven't heard of anyone doing it.

> XML-compliance as offered by ZPT is not a must for us though --
> the designer will be using a text editor for HTML. Maybe PTL
> could suffice, after all. ZPT just looks "cleaner", one of the
> reasons I prefer Python in the first place.

PTL is not the solution if you have web designers who want to use tools
like Dreamweaver.  Since your designer is using a text editor, PTL might
be suitable.  Using PTL basicly requires learning Python.  They don't
have to be an expert, just a grasp of the basics like defining and
calling functions, iteration and conditionals.

  Neil

reply