durusmail: quixote-users: Quixote with ZPT?
Quixote with ZPT?
This is why Quixote appeals to me (was: Quixote with ZPT?)
2002-11-06
This is why Quixote appeals to me (was: Quixote with ZPT?)
This is why Quixote appeals to me (was: Quixote with ZPT?)
2002-11-06
This is why Quixote appeals to me
Quixote with ZPT?
Juan David Ibáñez Palomar
2002-11-05
Teemu Yli-Elsilä wrote:

> Dear All,
>

> I am currently beginning application development using Python and
> Zope. I feel that Zope is overkill for many of our forthcoming
> projects, and that business objects would be easier to facilitate
> using Quixote (your comments?).
>
> Now, our company has a specialized web designer, and the separation
> offered by Zope Page Templates (ZPT) seems interesting. Is it possible
> to marry Quixote and ZPT in a reasonable fashion, and if so, has
> someone already done this?
> I am thinking along the lines of Smarty the PHP template engine, in
> order to achieve separation of Python code and HTML.
>
> XML-compliance as offered by ZPT is not a must for us though -- the
> designer will be using a text editor for HTML. Maybe PTL could
> suffice, after all. ZPT just looks "cleaner", one of the reasons I
> prefer Python in the first place.
>
> Any thoughts/advice?
>
> TIA,

See the message:

 http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zpt/2002-August/003670.html

--
J. David Ibáñez, http://www.j-david.net
Software Engineer / Ingénieur Logiciel / Ingeniero de Software

reply