durusmail: quixote-users: Quixote with ZPT?
Quixote with ZPT?
This is why Quixote appeals to me (was: Quixote with ZPT?)
2002-11-06
This is why Quixote appeals to me (was: Quixote with ZPT?)
This is why Quixote appeals to me (was: Quixote with ZPT?)
2002-11-06
This is why Quixote appeals to me
Quixote with ZPT?
akuchlin@mems-exchange.org
2002-11-06
On Tue, Nov 05, 2002 at 11:27:58PM +0100, Juan David Ib??ez Palomar wrote:
>See the message:
>http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zpt/2002-August/003670.html

I think most of the pieces listed in that posting, such as Acquisition
and ExtensionClass, are included with the standalone ZODB
distribution, but it sounds like some minor edits are required to make
ZPT work with Zope.

If someone made the ZPT fixes, you could then write Quixote methods
that did something like:

def _q_index (request):
    input = open('/full/path/to/_q_index.tal', 'r')
    pt = PageTemplate()
    pt.write(input.read())
    ... set up variables ...
    return pt(vars())

Your HTML author can then edit the _q_index.tal file and test it by
hitting the appropriate URL.

--amk

reply