durusmail: quixote-users: Quixote with ZPT?
Quixote with ZPT?
This is why Quixote appeals to me (was: Quixote with ZPT?)
2002-11-06
This is why Quixote appeals to me (was: Quixote with ZPT?)
This is why Quixote appeals to me (was: Quixote with ZPT?)
2002-11-06
This is why Quixote appeals to me
Quixote with ZPT?
Bud P. Bruegger
2002-11-06
On Wed, 06 Nov 2002 11:42:50 +0100
Juan David Ibáñez Palomar  wrote:

> Interesting, you describe some of the things I've aleady implemented
> in XPY :-)
>
> As I am unhappy with the available tools in Python I decided to
> write yet another one, whose name is XPY. It is still in an early
> stage of development, but I already use it for my web site (see
> http://www.j-david.net).
>
> XPY is mostly inspired in XSLT, the main difference is that the
> transformation language is Python. It stands for "XPath PYthon".
>
> The idea is, from an XHTML file (or in general, an XML file) a DOM
> tree is built with an extended higher level API. To this tree you
> apply a rule, which is a Python function. This rule can use xpath
> expressions to match other nodes in the tree and apply other rules,
> the tree is transformed using the standard DOM API, or better, the
> higher level one provided by XPY.

I had a very quick first look.  Looks very interesting.  I noted the GPL
license--does that mean one can only use it with GPL'd apps?

> Maybe you want to look at XPY, get it from the CVS of the lleu
> project in SourceForge:
>
> http://sf.net/projects/lleu
>
> I'm very interested on finding people that helps me to develop it,
> because I don't have too much time.
>
> By the way, XPY has nothing to do with Zope, it is a Python module
> and uses distutils.

I am definitely interested but don't have time right now to start.  One problem
I would have is the license--I would prefer LGPL or Python license or something
similar such that it can also be used in closed-source or open-source but not
gpl products.  Would you consider this?

Also, do you see a chance to make it work with dom fragments?

best cheers
-bud

reply