durusmail: quixote-users: Quixote with ZPT?
Quixote with ZPT?
This is why Quixote appeals to me (was: Quixote with ZPT?)
2002-11-06
This is why Quixote appeals to me (was: Quixote with ZPT?)
This is why Quixote appeals to me (was: Quixote with ZPT?)
2002-11-06
This is why Quixote appeals to me
Quixote with ZPT?
Juan David Ibáñez Palomar
2002-11-06
Teemu Yli-Elsilä wrote:

> Juan David Ibáñez Palomar wrote:
>
>> Bud P. Bruegger wrote:
>>
>>> I've always thought it was a nice idea of separating design and
>>> development.
>>> But since I've worked on project that used designers without a clean
>>> separation, I know it's a life saver!
>>

>> If my memory doesn't fails, XMLC inspired Lalo Martins to develop
>> Hiperdom, which is the ancestor of ZPT.
>>
>> Personally I'm quite deceived with ZPT.
>

> May I ask what kind of qualms you have with ZPT? Since our designer
> will be using ZPT with our Zope-based projects, it would seem
> consistent to use that with Quixote/plain-python projects as well.

It promises much more than it really does, this is the reason I'm
deceived. Look at what Casey Duncan says about it:

  http://www.zope.org/Members/Caseman/scss

In general, I agree with him, in particular with the sentence
"Designers still need to wade through code".

However, ZPT is probably the best tool you can choose right now
because it is the one that makes a better separation between logic
and presentation. With the exception of XPY, which does a much
better job at this, but XPY is in a too early stage of development
(don't use it in production).

I'm sorry I don't have time to elaborate on it. But for the
description you have given, I suggest ZPT.

Regards,

--
J. David Ibáñez, http://www.j-david.net
Software Engineer / Ingénieur Logiciel / Ingeniero de Software

reply