durusmail: quixote-users: This is why Quixote appeals to me (was: Quixote with ZPT?)
Quixote with ZPT?
This is why Quixote appeals to me (was: Quixote with ZPT?)
2002-11-06
This is why Quixote appeals to me (was: Quixote with ZPT?)
This is why Quixote appeals to me (was: Quixote with ZPT?)
2002-11-06
This is why Quixote appeals to me
This is why Quixote appeals to me (was: Quixote with ZPT?)
Martin Maney
2002-11-06
On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 07:00:38PM +0100, Juan David Ibáñez Palomar wrote:
> I don't pretend to achieve perfection, I just pretend to improve
> my productivity and the productivity of the people I work with.

Sorry, I was set off not so much by anything you've said or done aside
from that link; this is something that has been simmering for a while.
I ought to have made that clear, or even better, decoupled it from your
thread.

> Again, I don't pretend to say that XPY is for you. Please don't try
> to sell me PTL, I like it because of its originality, but it don't
> satisfies my requirements.

Actually, PTL is the part of Quixote for which I have the least use.
(1) The work I've been doing is, so far, 99% data-driven, with
negligible templatability.  Or, at any rate, with negligble improvement
that I can see from sticking the pieces into PTL.  It could be I'm
wrong about that.  And I'm not dismissing whatever you're doing with
XPY, at least until I have a chance to take it for a test drive!  :-)
Your remark about giving the artistes and the coders a common language
seems to me far more useful than any amount of talk about separating
them.

(1) Forms, in the sense of the classes, would come next, I think.
Unless there's a really conveninent way to use them for 2 dimensional
tables of fields?  But they're handy for quick'n'dirty stuff for
testing, and may prove their worth in later stages.  So too might PTL.

--
Anyone who calls economics the dismal science
has never been exposed to educationist theories

reply