durusmail: quixote-users: This is why Quixote appeals to me
Quixote with ZPT?
This is why Quixote appeals to me (was: Quixote with ZPT?)
2002-11-06
This is why Quixote appeals to me (was: Quixote with ZPT?)
This is why Quixote appeals to me (was: Quixote with ZPT?)
2002-11-06
This is why Quixote appeals to me
This is why Quixote appeals to me
Andrew Kuchling
2002-11-06
On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 10:51:54AM -0600, Martin Maney wrote:
>Anyway, much of what I like about Quixote is that it doesn't waste its
>effort, or clutter its design, with attempts to square the circle.  I
>may be deluded, but I know what I like.  :-)

There's the old saw that "most of the smart people work for someone
else," and that's equally true in the Python community; most of the
smart people work on other software.  I would hope that with Quixote
you can use whatever other packages are desired, so it could be used
with PTL, ZPT, or any other Python templating system.

(One of the tragedies of Zope, IMHO, is that subsystems like the
indexing are so tied to the rest of it that it's not really usable by
any outside applications. This hurts everyone: the Python community is
impoverished by not having the subsystems available, and fewer people
use the code so it improves much more slowly.)

--amk                                                             (www.amk.ca)
    "I warn you, Doctor; he doesn't like scientists."
    "Well, very few people do, in my experience."
      -- Professor Rumford and the Doctor, in "The Stones of Blood"

reply