durusmail: durus-users: Pickling/exporting objects
Pickling/exporting objects
Pickling/exporting objects
A.M. Kuchling
2005-03-02
On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 11:12:16AM -0500, A.M. Kuchling wrote:
> That seems a good approach.  I'll look at creating a .copy_object()
> method containing most of pack()'s internals.

Just realized... once I've written out a transaction, how do I take
that transaction and import the objects back into a database?  pack()
preserves object IDs, but importing needs to change them -- OIDs in
the export may collide with OIDs used by the current database.  It
seems to me that a function similar to copy_object() would still be
required.

--amk

reply