durusmail: durus-users: Durus on a high-end SSD?
Durus on a high-end SSD?
Durus on a high-end SSD?
Neil Schemenauer
2010-04-28
On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 07:00:28PM -0600, Neil Schemenauer wrote:
> In [the common] case, I think the speed of the disc drive is not
> very important (part of the genius of the ZODB/Durus design,
> IMHO).

I feel I should correct myself and give credit where due.  The
design comes completely from ZODB.  I believe Jim Fulton was
responsible for the original design and he's definitely a wizard.
The Durus developers' secret sauce was ruthless devotion to the
ideal of simplicity.  I feel recent Durus versions have drifted a
little from that ideal but I guess that's only natural for a 6 year
old project.

Cheers,

  Neil
reply