durusmail: durus-users: duplicate method call in serialize.py
duplicate method call in serialize.py
duplicate method call in serialize.py
Binger David
2010-05-11
Hi Patrick,

I can see how that second call looks redundant, but it is not.
The record is actually the concatenation of two pickles.
The first is a pickle of the class itself.
The second is a pickle of the state of the instance, which
usually means the dictionary of attributes and their values.

On Apr 9, 2010, at 1:46 PM, Patrick Dobbs wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Whilst debugging I noticed what may be a redundant (and possibly expensive)
method call:

> http://www.mems-
exchange.org/software/durus/Durus-3.9.tar.gz/Durus-3.9/serialize.py