durusmail: durus-users: apparently random bug in durus
apparently random bug in durus
Python 2.7+ (Re: apparently random bug in durus)
apparently random bug in durus
Binger David
2010-06-25
On Jun 25, 2010, at 4:30 PM, Alex Hall wrote:

> On 6/25/10, Binger David  wrote:
>> Please edit c:\python26\lib\site-packages\durus\connection.py to get more
>> information.
>> In particular, insert at line 137, just before the klass = loads(data) line,
>> some lines that print or write to a file,
>> the values of sys.version, sys.path, sys.executable
>> You might also insert an explicit "import durus.persistent_dict" there
>> too, to see if that works as it should.
> I did, and got the usual error.
>> Also print out repr(data) while you are at it.
>> Perhaps some change to sys.path or a chdir occurs
>> that puts a directory containing a "durus" entry other
>> than the durus installation directory on your path
>> before the durus installation directory.
> Here is the output I got when printing the three sys attributes to a
> file. Hopefully the repr(data) one makes sense to you, because I have
> no idea what it means. BTW, thanks for continuing to pursue this.
>
> path: c:\qwitter\src
> C:\Windows\system32\python26.zip
> c:\python26\DLLs
> c:\python26\lib
> c:\python26\lib\plat-win
> c:\python26\lib\lib-tk
> c:\python26
> c:\python26\lib\site-packages
> c:\python26\lib\site-packages\PIL
> c:\python26\lib\site-packages\pyHook
> c:\python26\lib\site-packages\win32
> c:\python26\lib\site-packages\win32\lib
> c:\python26\lib\site-packages\Pythonwin
> c:\python26\lib\site-packages\wx-2.8-msw-unicode

Do any of these directories have a surprise file or directory with a name
starting
with "durus" in them?

> Version: 2.6.5 (r265:79096, Mar 19 2010, 21:48:26) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)]

I see you are using 2.6.5.  That seems good.

> Executable: c:\python26\python.exe
>
> Repr(data): '\x80\x02cdurus.durus.persistent_dict\nPersistentDict\nq\x01.x\x9c
\xb5Z}`\\E\x11O\x8e\x92\xa6I\x9a\xb6iB\xcbw

The string should start with '\x80\x02cdurus.persistent_dict\nPersistentDict\nq'
not
'\x80\x02cdurus.durus.persistent_dict\nPersistentDict\nq'.

I think this is the problem.  I'm not sure how it originates.
I noticed that qwitter imports Connection and FileStorage in an unusual way,
with "from " imports that are inside a function body.  I'm not sure if that has
an
impact on this, but it is unusual.
It looks like, when the FileStorage was initialized, the root was instantiated
after an import that somehow obtained a "durus.durus.persistent_dict" module.
That's not good.

Your site-packages directory should have a durus directory that has
a 'persistent_dict.py" file directly in it.  Is that what you have?  Do you have
a durus directory inside a durus directory anywhere?

>> I assume that nothing in qwitter monkey-patches durus, right?
> I am not sure what you mean by that?

Sorry to use jargon.  I mean it does not make run-time changes
to names in the durus module.  This seems like a pretty unlikely
possibility, but I thought I'd ask.

>> On Jun 21, 2010, at 2:40 PM, Alex Hall wrote:
>>
>>> File "c:\qwitter\src\session\storage.py", line 22, in __init__
>>>   self.connection = Connection(self.store)
>>> File "c:\python26\lib\site-packages\durus\connection.py", line 61, in
>>> __init__
>>>   self.root = self.get(ROOT_OID)
>>> File "c:\python26\lib\site-packages\durus\connection.py", line 138, in
>>> get
>>>   klass = loads(data)
>>> ImportError: No module named durus.persistent_dict
>>

> --
> Have a great day,
> Alex (msg sent from GMail website)
> mehgcap@gmail.com; http://www.facebook.com/mehgcap