durusmail: durus-users: Durus: my experience and trouble
Durus: my experience and trouble
Durus: my experience and trouble [SOLVED]
2005-10-26
Durus: my experience and trouble
Kai Schmidt
2005-10-25
Am Dienstag, 25. Oktober 2005 12:45 schrieb David Binger:
> On Oct 25, 2005, at 4:00 AM, Kai Schmidt wrote:
> > To make a longer story short: I have troubles with (my) Durus in my
> > somewhat
> > larger programs. I see "memory allocation errors" very often, so
> > that atm
> > durus is not usable for me. It just dies, no messages to follow :=(
>
> I'd like to know why that those errors are there.
> How big are these data sets?
> Can your python make big dictionaries?
> Here is a test loop posted recently.

Thanks for the answer.
My demand for the ODB is not at all high. Thats surely not the reason ...

I run that def() below, and gave up at about 3 Million, when my (huge)
swap-partition startet to fill up. Very nice to look at diverse graphical
(KDE) system-monitors btw.

I can now reproduce those memory errors with durus only having 100 persistent
dict() in it.

Can I assume, that there is nothing really wrong in my sample code?
I have gcc 4.0.2, could that be a problem? IMHO I should not be able to
produce a memory|pointer problem with python, should'd I?
Is there a way to run Durus with python only? No C-helper? to test ...

Ciao

Kai

> def bigdict():
>    d = {}