durusmail: durus-users: A silly question
A silly question
Re: A silly question
Re: A silly question
A silly question
David Binger
2005-12-15
On Dec 15, 2005, at 11:38 AM, Jesus Cea wrote:

> "5) a sequence of oids of persistent objects referenced in the pickled
> object state. It is possible to collect these by unpickling the object
> state, but they are included directly here for faster access."
>
> I suppose you are using this info only to improve your packing speed.

Yes.

> Any other usage?.

There are some utility functions that use this information to identify
objects that refer to a particular object.  Those are useful sometimes
but not critical to normal Durus operation.  Also, it is possible,
though
somewhat slow, to write a function to obtain this information directly
from the pickled state.

I think it would be safe to drop it, if you don't need to worry too much
about packing out "lost" instances.

reply