durusmail: durus-users: volatile variables vs. ComputedAttribute
volatile variables vs. ComputedAttribute
volatile variables vs. ComputedAttribute
Jeff Bauer
2006-02-06
David Binger wrote:
> If you are always dealing with instances that have already
> been committed to the database, you could use the
> self._p_connection value, which is already there.

My example may not have been clear.  The .connection
attribute was just a placeholder for some volatile
variable -- e.g. an socket connection or a database
connection -- not necessarily the _p_connection.

However I think you answered my question in that
any volatile/stateful variables should be placed
in a global module.

--
Jeff Bauer      http://serpentaddiction.blogspot.com
Rubicon, Inc.   http://www.rubic.com