durusmail: durus-users: Re: [QP] specifying host for scgi, durus, etc.

Re: [QP] specifying host for scgi, durus, etc.
Re: [QP] specifying host for scgi, durus, etc.
David Binger
2006-04-01
On Apr 1, 2006, at 4:07 AM, mario ruggier wrote:

> On Mar 31, 2006, at 12:55 PM, David Binger wrote:
>
>> Okay, I see that the behavior really is different on your FreeBSD
>> machines
>> than it is on OS X or Linux.  We need to figure out how to
>> localize those other
>> services on FreeBSD.  The Durus server, in particular, must not be
>> available on a public interface.
>
> Here, just for the hack of it, is one fun way to workaround this...

That is an interesting idea for addressing the problem of non-compliant
cllients crashing the durus server, but non-compliant clients can also
just stop the durus server from serving others.  Worse, a *compliant*,
but unauthorized cllient has direct access to everything that you have
stored.

reply