durusmail: durus-users: Re: Why Persistent subclases are not working from "durus -c"?
Why Persistent subclases are not working from "durus -c"?
2006-04-24
Re: Why Persistent subclases are not working from "durus -c"?
Re: Why Persistent subclases are not working from "durus -c"?
Patrick K. O'Brien
2006-05-08
David Binger wrote:

> On May 8, 2006, at 12:43 AM, Neil Schemenauer wrote:
>
>> Jesus Cea  wrote:
>>> I see that. But why?. Without using "durus -c" I can pickle "interactive
>>> classes":
>>
>> Weird.  I don't know the answer.  Have you figured it out?
>
> I checked in a fix for this.
>
> The interactive console class used in "cllient.py" was setting up
> an environment using a dictionary, but that dictionary was not
> the globals() of the module named by '__name__'.
> Fixing this allows pickling of interactive classes.

I ran into this same issue when I wrote PyCrust, but couldn't remember
what I did to fix it.  Now I remember.  Same exact solution, IIRC.

--
Patrick K. O'Brien
Orbtech       http://www.orbtech.com

reply