durusmail: durus-users: Durus : 'Too many open files'
Durus : 'Too many open files'
Durus : 'Too many open files'
David Binger
2006-11-06
On Nov 6, 2006, at 8:48 AM, Aïssa HAMMOUCHI wrote:

> my environment is NetBSD with mod_scgi/apache/quixote .
>
> i use ClientStorage to connect to a Durus DB, when 58 connections
> (clientstorage) are initiated  simultaneously, Durus hangs at the
> 58 st connections.
> its doesnt seem to be a ulimit pb because scgi server works
> perfectly, even with 500 connections for instance.
> can anyone point me ?

I think the limit on the number of open files can be changed with
the setrlimit system call.

  http://docs.python.org/lib/node522.html

On OS X 10.4, the default limit is 256, but some
are used for std*, etc.  When I run a test,
I can open 240 files before I get that error.

I bet the default limit on your machine is 64.

I think scgi connections are different because they
are closed immediately after every request.

reply