durusmail: durus-users: Pylons/Durus tutorial
Pylons/Durus tutorial
Pylons/Durus tutorial
David Binger
2006-12-13
On Dec 13, 2006, at 4:32 AM, Mike Orr wrote:

> I'm not sure how to return a connection to the pool if the application
> just lets it go out of scope rather than returning it.

Would it be unacceptable just to say that applications are
not allowed to do that.  Maybe the pattern should be to use
some kind of  "with" block, or a obtain-release-connection
decorator for all request handling methods.

>   I'll have to
> see how SQLAlchemy does it.

That sounds like a good place to look.

> Would a weak reference help?

I think you could do that, but there are always other bad things
that the application could do that would keep connections
from being returned to the pool.

reply