durusmail: durus-users: two-phase commit
two-phase commit
two-phase commit
Binger David
2008-02-28
On Feb 28, 2008, at 8:10 AM, Jesus Cea wrote:
> Hi, everyone. The list is too quiet lately :-p. Here we have some food
> for the mind.

Thanks.

> I've become pybsddb maintainer last month. So now I "almost"
> control my
> entire stack python+durus+my BerkeleyDB backend+pybsddb+BerkeleyDB.
> Pybsddb is fairly behind supporting "recent" BerkeleyDB features, like
> replication or MVCC (MultiVersion Concurrency Control). When pybsddb
> supports replication, I will update my berkeleydb durus backend to
> transparently (for durus applications) support replication, master
> election, redundancy, etc. Will be "interesting" days.

Congratulations.  I think they are lucky to have you working on this
package.

> In the meanwhile I was thinking that providing "two-phase commit"
> natively in Durus would be very nice. I could allow replication "now"
> and useful features like being able to use connections to several
> unrelated durus storages in a single transaction, with full group ACID
> semantic.
>
> What do you think?.

I'm finding it easier to think of the risks it would
introduce than to understand the advantages.

I can't think of what obstacle there is now to replication.

---

I'm glad to hear from you.

David

reply