durusmail: durus-users: Multithreaded application
Multithreaded application
Multithreaded application
Binger David
2008-07-24
Hi Mike,

I haven't heard from you in a long time and I'm glad to know
you are still making the world better.

Each client must keep track of a set of objects that are all current
as of the last commit or abort.  I know this is true of Durus and
I think it is true of ZODB as well.  Each change made by a client
must be recorded by that client and by no others.  This makes it
rather awkward to truly share objects between clients in
different threads.  I could be wrong, but I think Durus and ZODB
are the similar in this respect.    If you really want a single cache
and correct transactional processing, maybe you should run
SCGI with only one scgi client.  If you can afford the memory,
as I suspect you can, then maybe multiple Durus clients are okay.

Good luck with your updates, whatever you decide to do.

- David