durusmail: durus-users: masterhost
masterhost
Binger David
2009-01-21
If I remember correctly, that capability was added at a time
when we were making an effort to support the possibility of
third-party Storage implementations that might need to pass
invalidations back to the StorageServer.  Using another
StorageServer as a backend was a convenient way for us to
set up this kind of situation.  It wasn't aimed at any
specific deployment need, but it could be used for remote
replication of a database, independent of the underlying
Storage implementation.

On Jan 21, 2009, at 1:38 AM, Michael Watkins wrote:

> Is anyone using the masterhost capability of Durus server? I'll
> admit to
> not taking notice of the capability until fairly recently. I'm
> wondering
> what deployment situation or needs it was intended for.

reply