durusmail: mems-talk: Gold film fail at high temperature
Mumps structure length prevent stiction
Problem in stiction
2003-07-06
Nitinol Software
2003-07-02
Gold film fail at high temperature
2003-07-02
Gold film fail at high temperature
beaton@npphotonics (Bill Eaton)
2003-07-03
Gold and Silicon will melt and form a eutectic at 363 C. Pure gold will melt
at 1064 C. Unfortunately, you will probably have to either drastically lower
your annealing temperatures, or change your metallurgy. You don't have too
many choices for metals that can withstand high temperatures. Tungsten might
survive, but it may be difficult to wirebond to. It's also brittle, and not
as electrically conductive as gold.

Bill Eaton, Ph.D.
Materials & Analysis Manager
NP Photonics

Hosted by the MEMS Exchange, providers of MEMS processing services.
Visit us at http://www.memsnet.org/

reply