durusmail: mems-talk: Re: Frustrated by 2um Nitride
Re: Frustrated by 2um Nitride
2003-07-03
Re: Frustrated by 2um Nitride
Matt Wasilik
2003-07-03
Mike:

I am the MEMS Exchange process manager here at UCB, and would like to address
the problems you have been experiencing with your process. Our low stress
nitride does not have a very high selectivity in our DRIE tool, therefore most
membranes of the type you describe are made here at UCB via a wet etch. The
handle wafer you are using in the DRIE process is causing me a little concern,
it could actually be a stress inducing component to your membrane. Our LSN is
rated at 300MPa or less, so the membrane you describe should not be breaking.
Please feel free to contact me directly, and I will be happy to discuss this
issue with you further.

thank you,

Matthew Wasilik
Senior Development Engineer