durusmail: mems-talk: platinum on SU-8
platinum on SU-8
Mighty Platypus
2003-07-07
Hi Derek,
Either matel will make a fine adhesion layer. Of the Cr and Ti, Ti tends
to have a lower stress, but it is susceptible to HF.

Jesse Fowler
  UCLA/MAE Dept., 420 Westwood Plaza, Room 37-129, ENGR IV
  Los Angeles, CA 90095-1597 | (310)825-3977
"Observations of nature, no matter how seemingly arcane, are like
peeling off one more layer from the great onion of knowledge"
    -- Don Petit, ISS science officer

On Mon, 7 Jul 2003, Chen-Han Lee wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> thank you all especially Kirk and Bob,
> you mention a adhesive layer for sputter platinum on silicon wafer
> what material should i use? Will Ti or Cr do the job?
> One more question, can i sputter gold on silicon wafer?
>
> Derek
> 7/7/03

reply