From: mems-talk-bounces+shuting=ucla.edu@memsnet.org
[mailto:mems-talk-bounces+shuting=ucla.edu@memsnet.org] On Behalf Of
Yilei Zhang
Sent: Monday, July 14, 2003 10:37 AM
To: mems-talk@memsnet.org
Subject: [mems-talk] silicon trench wet etching

Dear members:
I have a question about silicon trench wet etching. If etched from back
side,
for example, 2um mask dimension, how wide the trench will be in the
front side
with wet etching? I know this depends on the orientation of wafer and
the
trench direction. According to the book, if the trench is aligned
accurately,
it is possible to get a vertical side wall, thus, the width in front
side will
be the same as that in back side, say, 2um.

I donot know whether it requires very high accuracy to alignment in
order to
get vertical side wall. If I do the alignment manualy, generally how
thin i
can get in the front side? Is there anybody has experience in this area?

thanks.

Regards,
Yilei Zhang

Hosted by the MEMS Exchange, providers of MEMS processing services.
Visit us at http://www.memsnet.org/

reply