durusmail: mems-talk: Re: Caltech Bulk Micromachining CAD Tools
Re: Caltech Bulk Micromachining CAD Tools
Re: Caltech Bulk Micromachining CAD Tools
Erik K. Antonsson
1997-10-30
Jack Judy;

We have developed a full 3-D simulation of anisotropic etching,
including mask undercutting, appearing and disappearing planes, etc.,
from mask-layouts in CIF or GDSII or XFIG formats.  We can simulate
the 3-D removal of material for any etchant (acting on any substrate).
A collection of results are shown at:

  http://design.caltech.edu/Research/MEMS/

We now also have some initial results on automatically obtaining
a mask-layout that will produce a desired 3-D shape (or a suitable
approximation to the desired 3-D shape).

-erik
Erik K. Antonsson, Ph.D., P.E.,     Professor of Mechanical Engineering
Engineering Design Research Laboratory          erik@design.caltech.edu
California Institute of Technology (Caltech)       Voice:  626/395-3790
1200 East California Blvd., Mail Code: 104-44        FAX:  626/583-4963
Pasadena, CA  91125, U.S.A.                  http://design.caltech.edu/

Please Note: Caltech's Area Code has changed to 626.

> From mems-mgr@ISI.EDU  Sun Oct 26 18:33:43 1997
> Subject: Bulk Micromachining CAD Tools
> To: MEMS@ISI.EDU
>
> Dear colleagues,
>
> Do any of you know of any CAD tools for bulk micromachining?
>
> Although I recall that both universities and companies have worked
> on this subject, I cannot remember which organizations they were and
> I cannot find them with on the internet.
>
> Any suggestions on where I should look will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thank you.
>
> -Jack
>
> /

reply