durusmail: mems-talk: Glass etching with fluorosilicic acid
Glass etching with fluorosilicic acid
Glass etching with fluorosilicic acid
Lakshmikant Aditya
2003-08-23
Dear Keyur,

Have you tried glass etching with hydrofluoric acid  (HF)?

L Aditya
                Lakshmikanta Aditya
                Scientific Officer/D
                Center for Advanced Technology
                Indore - 452013, India

                Tel :   (O) 091-731-2488740/2488737
                        (R) 091-731-5058926

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003, Keyur Shah wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I tried glass etching at room temperature with 25% fluorosilicic acid using
> photoresist as a mask. But to my surprise it is not etching the glass even
> after an hour. The glass I used was pyrex 7740.
>
> If any of you have successfully etched glass with fluorosilicic acid, please
> suggest me the exact recipe.
>
> Thanking you all in anticipation,
>
> Keyur Shah
>

> Keyur Shah
> PhD student, CBME Department
> Stevens Institute of Technology
> Castle Point on Hudson, Hoboken, NJ 07030.
> Web address : http://attila.stevens-tech.edu/~kshah5

> Hosted by the MEMS Exchange, providers of MEMS processing services.
> Visit us at http://www.memsnet.org/

reply