durusmail: mems-talk: Al-pyrex anodic bonding
Al-pyrex anodic bonding
2003-09-22
Al-pyrex anodic bonding
Brubaker Chad
2003-09-22
Ryan,

My first thought is that the oxide from the aluminum is getting in the way.
Even for silicon-Pyrex anodic bonding, excessive oxide can block the bonding
process. With Aluminum, it is even worse, since Al forms oxide so quickly.

My best recommendation would be to perform an oxide removal immediately prior to
bonding.  For best results, you should also perform the bonding process itself
in reducing atmosphere (such as forming gas).

Best Regards,

Chad Brubaker

EV Group       invent * innovate * implement
Technology - Tel: (602) 437-9492, Fax: (602)437-9435 e-mail:
C.Brubaker@EVGroup.com, www.EVGroup.com

This message and any attachments contain confidential or privileged information,
which is intended for the named addressee(s) only. If you have received it in
error, please notify the sender immediately and then delete this e-mail. Please
note that unauthorized review, copying, disclosing, distributing or otherwise
making use of the information is strictly prohibited.