durusmail: mems-talk: [ADMINISTRIVIA] Vacation messages
[ADMINISTRIVIA] Vacation messages
[ADMINISTRIVIA] Vacation messages
2003-09-22
OT: top-posting
[ADMINISTRIVIA] Vacation messages
Kenneth Smith
2003-09-22
Neil- Agree with everything except Top posting responses-
In the old days - a bottom response was the proper etiquette, but in the
past few years- on emails and list postings- the TOP has become an
acceptable and often preferred  alternative- especially in Business use.
The responder just needs to be aware they must also TRIM the previous
reponses to clean and reduce the size of the text to what they are
addressing.
The Bottom response was a method originally when we had 14k modems to
force the responder to be sure they cut as much of the Fluff out of the
message as possible.

Just my opinion.

Ken

Neil Schemenauer wrote:

> While on the subject of list etiquette, please be sure to trim the
> amount of quoted text when responding to the list.  Your message
> will be sent to hundreds of people.  Take a few more seconds to be
> courteous.  I would also complain about people "top-posting" replies
> but that seems to be a lost cause.

Kmbh Associates
47 Rocket Circle
Rancho Cordova, CA 95742  U  S  A
510-714-5055 Efax- 510 217 4421 or 561 658 6136

High Purity Float Zone and Specialty CZ Silicon  for Power, IR and
Mirror Optics, Optoelectronics, MEMS, SOI, and other Semiconductor
applications. Service in SOI, Polishing SSP and DSP.
Quartz, Glass, Pyrex and Borofloat Wafer Supply. Anodic Bonding. SOG, SOS.

reply