durusmail: mems-talk: Re: <Q>Si KOH etching
Re: <Q>Si KOH etching
Re: Si KOH etching
Brent_Burns@ccmail.northgrum.com
1997-11-20
     Regan Nayve,

     As part of my thesis work I discovered that the addition of a metal or
     rare earth element to the KOH solution increases the etch ratio of
     silicon to silicon dioxide:

     "An Integrated Pressure Sensor for In-vivo Use", Ph.D. thesis,
     Stanford University, Stanford, CA, June 1987.

     Regards,

     Brent E. Burns
     Integrated Micro Sensors Group, manager
     Northrop Grumman ESID
     Hawthorne, CA
     213-600-5526
     Brent_Burns@ccmail.northgrum.com

Subject: Si KOH etching
Author:  Navye Regan  at INTERNET
Date:    11/11/97 11:42 AM

ISI MEMS Electronic Discussion Group members,

I am working on wafer-through etching of Si substrate
using KOH. I am wondering if there is a method of
achieving smooth(mirror-like)111 surface. And does anyone
know about regulating SiO2 mask etching rate in KOH?
I would appreciate it very much if you could refer
books or published materials regarding the above subject.
Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Regan Nayve
Fuji Xerox, NMD Dept.