durusmail: mems-talk: Solgel process / low temperature bonding
Solgel process / low temperature bonding
Solgel process / low temperature bonding
BRAD JOHNSON
2003-10-31
Hello Bob,
How low a temp are you looking at?  We have achieved very good results bonding
Pyrex to Pyrex and Pyrex to Silicon at room temp then annealing at much less
then 300C.  If you are looking for a permeant bond this would work great.

Brad

Brad Johnson
Suss MicroTec
Applications Engineer
1-480-557-9370 Ext119
1-800-685-7877 Ext119
bjohnson@suss.com

>>> bob_mems@yahoo.com 10/23/03 06:44PM >>>
Hello All,

Is sol-gel process a good method to bond glass?  If anybody has experience with
that type of procedure, can you please share it with me?

Are there any other way of bonding glass using low temperature?

Any information will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert

Oct 23 20:00:18 2003
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 19:59:53 -0400
From: Alik Widge
Subject: Re: [mems-talk] Photosensitive SAM
To: General MEMS discussion

Yi-Ping,

Most self-assembled monolayers are sensitive to UV-induced desorption if
the dose is high and long enough, especially the thiol-based SAMs. Look
through George Whitesides' paper archive at Harvard and you'll find 99% of
what you need.

Alik

--On Thursday, October 23, 2003 8:44 AM +0800 Yi-Ping Ho
wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Is there any one who knows how to make the photosensitive SAM(Self
> Assemble Monolayer)? Or any reference papers?

reply