durusmail: mems-talk: AZ4620
AZ4620
Brubaker Chad
2003-11-24
Jacob,

In answer to your questions:

1) 20 um films can be achieved using ~400 rpm. However, standard spinning
process will limit your single coat film thickness with AZP4620 to ~32 um (this
is spinning at ~200 rpm).  I've been successful with obtaining thicker films (in
excess of 60 um) in a single coat using a system which integrates a cover with
the coating module (an EVG150, to be precise).  In general, I've found that
using the covered coating module helps to improve uniformity in AZ P4620 and
other thick film materials.  Do you happen to have access to a system with a
covered bowl?

2) There is one fundamental difference between AZ4620 and AZP4620.  AZ4620
(which is no longer commercially available) used (Ethylene Glycol Monomethyl
Ether Acetate) EGMEA as the casting solvent. This material has been declared as
a health risk, with reproductive effects, and so has been replaced with AZP4620,
which contains Propylene Glycol Monomethyl Ether Acetate (PGMEA), which is
considered to be a harmless solvent. This difference may affect coating
parameters somewhat, since EGMEA has a vapor pressure of 5.25 torr, while PGMEA
has a vapor pressure of 3.7 torr. Otherwise, I don't know of any difference
between the materials.

Best Regards,

Chad Brubaker

EV Group       invent • innovate • implement
Technology - Tel: (602) 437-9492, Fax: (602)437-9435 e-mail:
C.Brubaker@EVGroup.com, www.EVGroup.com

This message and any attachments contain confidential or privileged information,
which is intended for the named addressee(s) only. If you have received it in
error, please notify the sender immediately and then delete this e-mail. Please
note that unauthorized review, copying, disclosing, distributing or otherwise
making use of the information is strictly prohibited.