durusmail: mems-talk: Re: MEMS
Re: MEMS
Johan van der Linden
1997-03-20
At 09:45 PM 3/18/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi!
>
>I would appreciate any information on the use of polymers, especially
>conducting polymers and optical polymers, in MEMS fabrication and
applications?

>Also are there any III-nitrides being fabricated as MEMS.
>
>Thanks for the information
>
>Ken

Dear Ken,
I'm using a micromachined structure as a submount for optical coupling
between planar polymeric waveguides and photodiode chips. It combines the
potential of high efficiency coupling and passive alignment.
The concept is described in "Passive Alignment Integration of Single-Mode
Polymeric Waveguides with Photodetector Arrays", Proc. OSA/ACS Topical
Meeting on Organic Thin Films for Photonic Applications, Orlando, Aug 1996,
pp. 366-367.

Kind regards,

Johan.

            Ir.Ing. Johan E. van der Linden

             University of Gent (Belgium)
        Department of Information Technology (INTEC)
           St-Pietersnieuwstraat 41         B-9000 Gent

         Optoelectronics Technology Group
       Tel   + 32 9 264 33 24      Fax   + 32 9 264 35 93
           e-mail    johan.vanderlinden@intec.rug.ac.be