durusmail: mems-talk: Coupling Simulation in ANSYS
Coupling Simulation in ANSYS
Coupling Simulation in ANSYS
Daniel Shaw
2004-02-25
Lin:

As Mahdi indicated, you can use either TRANS109 or TRANS126 for 2D
electrostatic-structural analyses, and you can use TRANS126 for 3D analyses.
Both of these elements are directly coupled electrostatic-structural elements
with both VOLT and displacement DOFs.

You can also solve coupled electrostatic-structural problems using the
sequential approach with single-field elements.  Before Release 8.0 of ANSYS
Multiphysics, this approach would use the ESSOLV macro.  In Release 8.0 of ANSYS
Multiphysics, a multi-field solver was also introduced.  Either approach will
work, however if you have access to Release 8.0, I recommend the multi-field
solver approach.

Regards.

Daniel Shaw
ANSYS, Inc

ANSYS 2004 Conference & Exhibition:
Pittsburgh Hilton and Towers: 24-26 May, 2004
Review Papers Due: 15 October, 2003
Final Papers Due: 1 February, 2004
www.ansys.com/conf_2004/index.htm

**