durusmail: mems-talk: Re: plasma chrome etch
Re: plasma chrome etch
2004-03-10
Re: plasma chrome etch
Sjoerd Haasl
2004-03-10
Hello Jo,

I have noticed that chromium gets effectively etched in an oxygen plasma
atmosphere in a standard Tepla Plasma System 300 stripper. (1000W, could
look up pressure and flow if you want.) It was not a desired effect: I was
just trying to strip the resist, instead both the chromium and the resist
disappeared. Using SiO2 as a masking material should therefore work.

The oxygen plasma stripper I used for this got quite dirty, so you might not
want to use the highest quality ICP for this. It was however easy to clean
the chamber with some propanol.

Please tell mems-talk how it went (etch profile etc.) if it works (or if it
doesn't).
Good luck!
/Sjoerd

Royal Institute of Technology
Department of Signals, Sensors and Systems
Microsystem Technology
Stockholm, Sweden

> From: jo ed
> Subject: [mems-talk] plasma chrome etch
> To: mems-talk@memsnet.org
>
> Hi All,
>
> Does anyone have a good plasma chrome etch recipee?
> The masking layer I will be using can either be
> photoresist or si02.
>
> cheers,
> jo

reply