durusmail: mems-talk: possible MEMS application
possible MEMS application
etch chemistry for TiCuAu
2004-03-18
possible MEMS application
Erik Jung
2004-03-14
Well, basically micro-scissors have been demonstrated quite some years
ago with good success. I assume, that you will find useful info in
www.nikon.co.jp/.../technology_e/ mems_e/
As the technology is very straightforward for the "dumb knife", any
MEMS department in your university should be able to help using
silicon etch technology.
As a first try, I´d suggest to use a glass rod, heat it to the viscous
state an pull it "in the flame" apart until the two part separate. the
remaining ultrathin glass fibre may also suit your needs; I have seen
tips pulled out to about 5um "cutting radius"

Regards,

Erik

Erik Jung
Fraunhofer-IZM