durusmail: mems-talk: Re: HF resist
Re: HF resist
1998-11-09
Re: HF resist
Carlos Mastrangelo
1998-11-07
Try amporhous (sputtered, pecd, or evaporated) silicon.

                                        -CHM

On Tue, 20 Oct 1998, Julian Shapley wrote:

> Hello Mems Workers
>
> Could anybody give me any leads on a substance that could be used as a
> masking material for HF for a long period of time.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Julian Shapley
> University of Cardiff.
> UK

From ROLAND A. LEVY, DISTINGUISHED PROFESSOR OF PHYSICS, NJIT; TEL.   Sat Nov 07
22:38:30 1998
To: mems@isi.edu
Subject:   RE: HF resist
From:   "ROLAND A. LEVY, DISTINGUISHED PROFESSOR OF PHYSICS, NJIT; TEL.
Date: Sat Nov 07 22:38:30 1998

JUlian:

We have been using boron nitride and silicon carbide as HF masking materials.
The films are deposited by low pressure chemical vapor deposition. They are
highly reistive to HF etching. After patterning they both can be removed by
plasma etching. The BN can also be removed in a wet etch that would not
touch the underlying substrate.

Good luck.

Roland Levy

reply