durusmail: mems-talk: KOH Etching - surface roughness of v-groove surfaces
KOH Etching - surface roughness of v-groove surfaces
KOH Etching - surface roughness of v-groove surfaces
Eric Miller
2004-06-16
Vipul,

1000 Ang peak to peak across a few mm long scan sounds very challenging.  We
typically see about 2000 ang peak to peak using KOH (with a very clean tank
and agitation).  Adding IPA to the soltution may help, athough we have not
characterized it.  We suspect the majority of the roughness to be the KOH
attacking some of the secondary planes in the lattice (?) EDP may perform a
bit better if this is the case, as it has better selectivity to the (111)
plane.  I would suspect TMAH would be worse.

Eric Miller
Laboratory Manager
Washington Technology Center
Ph:  206 616-3855