From: Yun Xi [mailto:xi@ENGR.UARK.EDU]
Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2004 7:31 PM
To: mems-talk@memsnet.org
Subject: [mems-talk] Trouble on CCL4

Hello,

We used mixture of CCL4 and CF4 to do gold dry etch, but recently it doesn't
work. It seems CCL4 run out. We contacted Scott Specialty Gases to order
CCL4. The company told us their cylinder will not have a diptube or pressure
pad and we have to invert the cylinder to reomve the product. We know that
means CCL4 is liquid phase in cylinder. When we took our old CCL4 cylinder
out from system, we found there is stiil liquid inside. We let the cylinder
upside down and connectd to system again, liquid CCL4 come out and MFC out
of control.

We would like to know how to deal with this situation to have gas phase
CCL4? We are appreciated your help.

Yun

reply