durusmail: mems-talk: Photoresist for Patterning Aluminum
Photoresist for Patterning Aluminum
teflon glue...
photopatternable silicone biocompatibility
2004-10-05
Photoresist for Patterning Aluminum
William Lanford-Crick
2004-10-05
Do you really mean to wet wetch 300 micron thick aluminum with lateral
dimensions in the range of microns?  Wet etching is isotropic so this will
be quite impossible.  This type of aspect ratio (~100:1) will be difficult
by dry-etching, but might be possible with an optimized process.

>I was trying to spin coat aluminium with shipley 1818 negative resist.
> But when I used a wet etching solution the resist wasn't able to
>withstand the etchant.  My patterns are on the scale of microns and
>the best way to etch is through wet etching because i need to remove
>alomost 300 micron thick aluminum.  Does anyone know the steps to spin
>a thick layer of resist that will withstand the etchant that is made
>up of Hcl and CuCl2.  I have SU-8 and 1818 to my disposal.  I also
>need to remove the resist after the etching process.
>
>Thank you,
>
>Vivek Mukhatyar
>Hosted by the MEMS Exchange, providers of MEMS processing services.
>Visit us at http://www.memsnet.org/

Hosted by the MEMS Exchange, providers of MEMS processing services.
Visit us at http://www.memsnet.org/

reply